Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

What year did A class rv's change from 8 foot 2 inches. New

Customer Question

What year did A class rv's change from 8 foot 2 inches. New Zealand have a road rule that R V'S connot be any wider than 8 foot 2 inches.
I would like to buy another RV but this information is hard to find when viewing on the internet.
Thank You
George
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
RV's can come in all different sizes when it comes to length and width. I know in the US SOME states have a 8' 5" rule and other states have no restrictions at all or require a special permit. I am afraid you are going to have to look at each RV individually to get the width so you are not over the 8' 2" mark, they are out there but it varies so much it would be hard to say which ones are OK. IF you have a list of RV'S you are interested in I might be able to find the width out for you on them... Hope this helps some... Robert