Roy Belding
Roy Belding, RV Mechanic
Experience:  10 years expierence on all makes and models
3506196

I have low oil pressure in my 5.9 in a motorhome. I

Customer Question

I have low oil pressure in my 5.9 in a motorhome. I installed a manual gauge and pressure reads the same.
Category: RV
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

I would suggest having the oil pan dropped and have the main and rod bearing checked for wear. once they are checked, then the cause can be determined if the pump or bearings have failed.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I should have told you it only has 141000 miles on it and I knew the two previous owners and they both said it's been running like that with that low of pressure for 8 years. That is why I put the manual oil gauge on it and why I was so surprised. I was sure the oil pressure would be good.. Amazing
ok, thats new information.
still, there is a problem that needs to be dealt with. I would still have the pan dropped and the bearings checked for wear. you need more oil pressure than that. if you let it ride, you will eventually damage the motor.
Roy