Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Generator is a bit over two years old aprox 200 hrs of use,

Customer Question

generator is a bit over two years old aprox 200 hrs of use , the other day I tried to start generator it acts as if it wants to start and then shuts off, I had plenty of gas tried several times does the same thing air filter is clean I, was told at an RV repair facility that it is a bad circit board.please advise
Category: RV
Expert:  Larry Welch replied 1 year ago.

Hi Larry here.maybe I can help you, let's talk

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do think is wrong with my generator
I beleive that there is sediment in the bowl and has either fouled the needle valve and/or taken out the fuel shut off valve. Please rate.

It has been brought to my attention that I am not asking enough questions. So with that I will open your question up to other Techs

Contact Hank the Gen man I guess

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

How long has it been sitting since it ran last? Do you use fuel stabilizer in the gas? It might be the circuit board, but I would eliminate any other causes first. And check the oil level.........is is up to full? Some units won't start if the oil level is too low. Get back to me with this information and I can assist you further. R.J.