Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

How do reset a 1201 norcold

Customer Question

How do reset a 1201 norcold
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
What is the exact issue? Are you getting a fault code? If so what is the code? IF you go to the outside access panel do you see a small black box with a red led on it? IF so is the light ON or blinking...
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Code is fo no
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Can you go to the outside access and remove the cover and tell me if you see a small black box with a red led on it, need to know if the LED is on or blinking....
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My bOx don't have A red light
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Just so I am clear outside under the access panel there should be a small black box about 2" by 4" normally it is clipped to the coils. It is a high temp sensor and was part of a recall. When the led is ON it locks the fridge out and you might get the NO CO code. So it is important to know if you have that or not and if you do is the light on....

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No co its a 1201lrim we put a new cooling unit in it won't start up .how much longer is it going to be
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
How much longer is it going to be for what?
I am trying to determine if the high limit is tripped, if it is then you can try running a magnet over the sensor, inside is a reed switch and it should reset. IF the sensor is tripped the NO CO code may come up.
I am just trying to be helpful as doing the reset would not matter if the sensor is tripped.
Below are the links for you on the reset. IT will depend on which circuit board you have.... Robert
Links... Copy and paste into browser.
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/reset.pdf
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/newreset.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the sensor reset
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

IF the red light is on sometimes running a magnet over the box will reset it.... Click HERE and have a look....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating it is the only way I get credit for helping. Robert