Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

1999 model 8362 gulfstream sunvoyger 36'10" coach. Air cond

Customer Question

1999 model 8362 gulfstream sunvoyger 36'10" coach. Air cond do not come on, generator runs; seems to be putting out volts as interion lights operate w/o engine operating. Where are fuse panels? Thought i would check their first. What do u think???
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
When you are running the generator do all your outlets inside the RV work?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not all, but i suspect some were not operational before..my real problem is the air conditioners dont come on even after 20 sec delay
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
It is really important to know if you are missing ALL the AC power when the generator is going. IF you plug into shore power will the the AC unit work?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant plug into high amp (30 or 50 amp) shore power
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
I have to take into an account the outlets are also not working.
IF you are infact missing all the AC power go to the generator and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped on it, most all generators will have one or two breakers.
IF they are good inside the RV you should have a main breaker panel, sometimes it is under the fridge and will have door that swings open or it could be in the hallway, closet, base of the bed or under the bed. Make sure the breakers are not tripped.
Since you can not plug into a 30 or 50 amp service it makes it difficult to troubleshoot. You would have to find the transfer switch. The transfer switch should switch back and forth between shore and generator power, when they fail you will get no AC power at all on one source, it can happen on generator or shore power.
IF you have AC power going into the transfer switch and nothing coming out then it has failed and would need to be replaced.
This still could be an issue with the AC unit but need to check the AC power as the AC needs that to operate..... Robert