gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

2008 Challenger: Had to replace engine battery after winter.

Customer Question

2008 Challenger: Had to replace engine battery after long winter. Engine started fine but generator will not start and lever panel is beeping and indicates that levers are down.
Set "battery connect to on position and am letting it run in the hopes that it will charge aux. batteries. Am I doing the right things? Service location is a long ways away so I want to try everything else before I take it in.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

good morning, you are correct to use the alternator to charge the house battery, however, you would get a better, deeper charge if you plug it in, and let it charge for a couple of days, as far as the jack down indicator, check the fluid level in the tank (if they are hydraulic) , please get back to me for clarification, and we can discuss this further,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks Michael, and be sure to check water in the battery, clean connections ect.