Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Motorhome with 95 ford F53b chasis, while installing chasis

Customer Question

motorhome with 95 ford F53b chasis, while installing chasis battery the wrench while tightening the poitive terminal lead touched ground sparks flew now there are lights horn no power to dash , ignition, etc.know i probably blew fuses, possible fuseable link, but which ones and where, anything else
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
What I would do is grab a 12 volt test light and follow the chassis battery cable to the main fuse box, make sure the cable does not have an auto breaker in-line to the box. I am not sure of the make and model of the RV but most will have two related fuse boxes, one on the outside, normally where the engine access is located, inside the box will be some fuses, breakers and solenoids, I would probe everything with the ignition switch ON and see where you are missing power. You should also have another fuse box inside, it is common on the Ford's to find a fuse block under the drivers dash, the dash pod will swing up or have a few screws you pull out and the Ford fuse block is right on top. The test light method is a quick and easy way to see where the power is missing... Hope this helps some.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have been out of town, not had time to do the testing
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
No problem.... Let me know if you need more help, I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert