gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

My 1210 model flashes Lo-dc and then occasionally it beeps

Customer Question

My 1210 model flashes Lo-dc and then occasionally it beeps and says L1-op. Can you help? Frustrated!!
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi the L1 op is an error code which refers to the high limit switch being tripped, this means the cooling unit is getting too hot..........has it been cooling properly prior to this error code? and with a volt meter, please check the dc voltage comming into the refer.........Do you see a black plastic box attatched to the cooling unit in the rear? does it have a red light on it, and is the light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No red light on now. Flashes Lo dc a lot and then beeps with L1 op for short periods of time. In last few months things will get soft in freezer then get frozen hard again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After it beeps for a couple of minutes it quits. At present time just showing little green light. Operating properly I guess

. thanks, ***** ***** an intermittant control issue lets do a test, check the temperature in the freezer and box prior to this test........disconnect the thermister, inside the box, up at the top on the right fins is the thermister, follow the wires to a plug, unplug it, and the light will go off..........the test is to make sure the cooling unit is operating properly, this allows the unit to run without thermostatic control, and see what the max. cooling capacity of the cooling unit is........run it like this and then check temps in the morning....then plug it back in. is this something you can do?

and are the fans comming on? in the rear

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have thermometer in freezer. Well below freezing now. About 19 degrees. Have unplugged thermistor. Light is out. Fridge not rumning

do you mean fans not running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fans are not running

thanks, ***** ***** refer in a slide out, with an upper vent door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thats a good thing, open the upper door, and you will see (look down) the fans, follow the wire up and you will see a thermostat, take the wires off of the thermostat, and hook them together, see if the fans come on. Has it been a while since you noticed the fans weren't working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A piece of 3/8 plywood is covering half of opening when I took upper door off. Glued in at edges. What is that all about?

they have had much problems with that refer put in a slideout, and the venting as the heat needs to get out , and without it going straight out the roof, many things have been tried,,,,,,,,, we need to get thoes fans working this may very well be why the hi limit switch is tripping and giving you the code. You need to remove the cover, and reinstall it in the winter time. But for now you need to remove it, cut it, ect.........do it in such a way that you can reinstall it..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will leave cover off and cut it tmrw. I need to plug thermistor back in tonight??

tell you what lets step back a bit, as were on another tact right now, we may do this later, if the refer is operational, and you food is not spoiling, plug it back in now ,and tomorrow, lets get the fans working, and test, and we will go from there. thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help

good morning, just want you to know I'm here to assist..........Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All codes were silent last night after I took vent door off. Came in this afternoon, removed plywood. Unplugged wires from thermostat and connected them. Fans came on but also Lo dc code came back on. Unplugged wires but still have code blinking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fridge is cooling nicely though

good morning, sorry for the delay, my internet has been down, cooling well, did you check the dc voltage comming in when the code was flashing? with the fans running with wires you need to replace the thermostat, these fans are critical