Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an RM2451 fridge in my camper. It is supposed to work

Customer Question

I have an RM2451 fridge in my camper. It is supposed to work on the AC first and then use gas as a backup. I have it hooked up to an extension cord (the AC unit works fine) but the fridge will not work on the electric. I press auto and the check light goes out and then the fridge looks for the gas and with the propane turned off, the check light keeps returning. What am I doing wrong? What needs fixing to have the electric work on the fridge?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
you are correct in auto it should sense AC power and if AC power is not present default to LP.
To start make sure the plug the fridge is plugged into has power. Next find the fuses on the circuit board for the fridge, the circuit board will be located under the outside access panel. Make sure you unplug the fridge first as one fuse is AC power.
IF you have voltage at the fuse then I would next ohm out the heating element, the heating element will run from the flue canister to the circuit board, unplug the wires at the board and ohm the wires going back toward the element, you should have 80 ohms plus or minus 10 %.... IF the element is good then I suspect the circuit board is at fault. Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert