Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Having trouble with the furnace made by attwood model

Customer Question

Having trouble with the furnace made by attwood model #8500-IV.Have gone through the starting sequence shown in the manual. When I turn on the wall control the blower comes on and the furnace fires but only stays lit for 8-10 seconds. I've checked the
gas line and wires connecting it and all seem to be fine. I also took circuit board to local rv business and it is in working order but does show it slow to fire. Any ideas.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Two things to check here. Doubtful the control board is good despite checking out good. Broken solder joints on OEM boards give false readings. If this has had a board upgrade by Dinosaur Electronics, then it may be good. Otherwise, I would replace it. And the LP pressure at the tank regulator may be too low. This needs to be checked and adjusted at least once a year. Many people don't even know this. Most shops sell the Dinosaur Boards, but online they are usually cheaper. Try that and then get back to me if you are still having issues. It might be a bad burner, but that is much less the case. Hope that helps! R.J.