Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Where can i find a diagram main batteries cables?

Customer Question

where can i find a diagram for the main batteries cables?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

I can only provide you a basic diagram, it will depend if they are 6 volt or 12 volt... IF you have more then 2 let me know, below is a picture that shows both the 6 volt and 12 volt arrangement.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 4 6volt batteries on the bottom rack for the the coach power. We just bought 12 volt batteries from napa. We hooked up all the same as your diagram, however we have an extra cable bundle with 2 connections and are not sure the way they connect with the rest. We think one of these are red. they are much smaller than the others. Does that help?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
The smaller wires will be hard to say normally red is always positive, if it is going to a fuse or breaker then 100% positive, the ground might be running to the frame. Also you might have some extra jumper cables if you went from 4 6 volts to 2 12 volt batteries. IF the wires are red then I would put them to positive...
Robert