Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

I have a Norcold refrigerator in my camper-trailer, 21 foot.

Customer Question

I have a Norcold refrigerator in my camper-trailer, 21 foot. I had the new unit installed in 2004 and it has worked great, until today. After setting all winter outside, for the first time it will not start. What could be the problem and could I fix it without going to expense of having a trailer company in Boise fix it???
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi, what is the model number of the refer, and does it heat up on electric and/or gas? Do the interior control panel lights come on ? thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

thanks, ***** ***** me the model number , then I can guide you through the troubleshooting process, Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where on the unit is the model number, and I sent serial number with original message

thanks the model number is ***** the refer box on a data sticker or on the back of the refer, open the exterior panel. I appreciate the serial number , however it does not help me........Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'll be back soon, gotta go to trailer outside

I'll be here for you.........

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, model no. is: N510UR

thanks, ***** ***** accessed the service manual. do you have a voltmeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, but it appears obvious that electricity is not getting to unit. Does it have a fuse box??

You are going to need a 12volt test light or voltmeter, so we can test to see where the power is and where it is not. the fuse that protects the refer will be located in the interior fuse panel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I'll have to take to another rip-off dealer in boise. sorry you couldn't help.

How can I help you? without doing some testing... I know of no other way to determine what the problem is, If I am missing something , please let me know....thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem. It was worth the $5 to find out there's probably no easy solution. Bye

thanks, ***** ***** this time to rate me so I receive credit for our work together, thanks Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call wasn't worth the $5 charge, let alone the $18 you claim I owe. Just another internet scam.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I have nothing to do with the arrangements you make with Just answer. with that I will opt out, have a nice day.....Michael