Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2005 Winnebago 38R. I am getting a sewer odor

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Winnebago 38R. I am getting a sewer odor coming from the w/d cabinet. No w/d, but the previous owner had one. It is most prominent right after I park or drain, and then may go away. I am using a premium treatment. Any suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

In that cabinet where the washer and dryer hook ups are do you see a black abs pipe with an opening on it, meaning there is nothing screwed to the top of it?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are two, one coming up from under which is capped and another return drain which is nothe capped.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not capped.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
on the one that is not capped I would put an auto trap vent on it, I would think the smell is coming from that, also since the washer and dryer is not being used I do not see why it could not be capped like the other. From my experience with grey tank smell when the auto vent fails it can allow odors in some of your sinks may have them already... Below is a link for you copy and paste that into your browser.... Robert
Link... (it would be the ips auto trap vent)
https://www.plumbingsupply.com/autovent.html