Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The water pipes burst in my 1999 Pace Arrow Vision. We 't

Customer Question

The water pipes burst in my 1999 Pace Arrow Vision. We don't know how to get to them to fix or even find the breaks (we think there is more than 1)
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
These types of repairs can be very difficult to do. What I would do is drain all you water out and hook up a blow out plug at the city water connector. Using a blow out plug will allow you to add air and listen for the leak. When water leaks it can travel pretty far and be deceiving. I would add about 30 to 40 psi and you should hear the leak vs water running everywhere. Most RV stores carry the plugs for a few dollars.
I can say on some of the Fleetwoods they will use a metal channel under the floor, above the chassis, inside that channel are the plumbing lines and sometimes wires. Many times the channel needs to be cut to make any repairs, the channel would cross from the drivers side to passenger side....
IF you can ID the line then you can cut each side and install new line with compression style fittings. This would allow you to make the repair outside of the area that is leaking, IF you do use the air method and move the lines around you should hear the air change sound when you move the correct one...
Hope this helps some... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do we have to take up the floor to get to the pipes?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
IF you do not have the metal channel above the chassis then yes the floor has to come up to get to the lines, not a great design.
Hope this helps... Robert