Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Is it a good idea to spend the money renovate a 1999 holiday

Customer Question

Is it a good idea to spend the money renovate a 1999 holiday rambler endeavor with only 40000 miles on it.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
It depends on what is wrong with it... IF you are just going to update everything then yes it would be worth it. The Endeavor is a very good brand HR made. The engine and transmission will last for years to come. IF you are getting a good deal on it then I would say yes it would be well worth it. IF you have anymore questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We own it. It has been in storage for the last 4 years. Need to service the generator, seal the roof and just have it checked out generally. We were quoted a fee for 100 hours to do these things. Felt that was high.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replacing carpet with wood floor. Told it would take 40 hours. Does that sound right.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
I would have what is called a PDI done, this is an inspection that covers all the chassis and interior items.. It takes about 3 hours to do the proper inspection. That would include checking the plumbing, electrical, LP, and checking the chassis. 100 hours seems to much, if you get the inspection done then you can decide what to have done... I would also get another opinion if you are being quoted 100 hours of labor.... Robert
I would say around 30 hours on the replacement flooring, it takes no time at all to pull the carpet out, but installing wood floor would require some time to make it look right.