gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 1990Lance Camper. Refrigerator works good on

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1990Lance Camper.
Refrigerator works good on electric.
When lip is turned on pilot comes on for 90 seconds with a steady clicking from the igniter. the sensor is getting hot then goes out. starts up right away again for 90 seconds. Any ideas on what might be the problem?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the 3601 uses a thermocouple that is attatched to the gas valve, this detects weather the flame is lit or not, it will allow the flame to burn for 90 seconds, and then if it does not detect the presence of the flame it shuts off. so your issue is either the thermocouple or the gas valve................first thing to do is unscrew the thermocouple from the gas valve, and clean the end then reconnect, and see if it stays on...let me know.........Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pull the thermocoupler cleaned and tested out seems to transfer heat 98° at one and 97 at the other heated with a torch used a light gauge to measure both With that meets spec
Should I go to the gas valve next

yes, and much to my dismay this gas valve has been unavailable for many years. You might be able to locate a used one. I researched it found one on ebay, but was sold 4 years ago...............

part number is(###) ###-####/p>