Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have dometic refrigerator model rm1350 in my rv Unit is

Customer Question

I have dometic refrigerator model rm1350 in my rv
Unit is 3/4 years old
Unit is cooling but not cooling to required setting(set at 39 deg but maintains 53 to 58 deg)
Unit had this problem at end of last season but when we installed rv this season unit was working fine for about a month
Unit is again set at 39 but maintaining 58 deg
I shut unit down completely and restarted couple of days later thinking it might be defrost cycle but this did not resolve problem
Can you tell us what the potential problems could be and if we could get a mobile serviceman to repair this unit at our site
We are in Plattsburg, NY 12901
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Do you have a volt meter? This could be an issue with the cooling unit or thermistor. IF you have a voltmeter then you can test the thermistor. Below is a link for you copy and paste that into your browser and see page 19.... Very important you also verify the fridge is level, a cooling unit can become blocked or rupture, normally no cooling on AC and LP points towards the thermistor or cooling unit. As far as a mobile service I would google that in your area for " Mobile RV repair" and zip code you should get some to come up. I am in OR and would be hard for me to know what is around.... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, the service manual should help some.. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating...
Link...
https://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Service%20Manual,%20RM1350.pdf