gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have two Duo Therm units on my Endeavor Holiday Rambler motor

Customer Question

I have two Duo Therm units on my Endeavor Holiday Rambler motor home. It is a 2003 unit and all of a sudden only one unit will cool on air conditioning. The one unit runs but does not cool or shut down when reaching the temp setting. Could it be that it is low on freon? and can we add freon? If so what kind do we add?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, if it is low on freon, it means there is a leak. ck to see if the compressor is running when its not cooling. you may see an oily residue up top when you remove the cover. Normally I would test the amperage draw of the compressor to see whats going on with an amp probe. the unit can be recharged, however the units are hermetically sealed, and do not have charge ports, so you must install the charge ports, find and fix the leak, then evac and recharge the system........The refrigerant used is r22...............please get back to me for clarification if necessary.....Michael