Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1989 Winnebago Cheiftain. I have 2 new batteries and

Customer Question

I have a 1989 Winnebago Cheiftain. I have 2 new batteries and a new Invertor, but no 12 volt power. I can not turn switch on at the dash. is there a fuse or relay bad?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Sorry for the delay, when you hit the switch inside it should trigger solenoid valve. Sometimes when you hit the switch you can hear the solenoid click. IF you can not locate it by sound go to the house batteries and follow the cables to the solenoid, once you find the solenoid check for power on the LARGE posts, if you have power on one side and not the other get an insulated wire and jump the posts and see if power comes on, if so bad solenoid, while following the cable from the battery make sure you do not have a breaker tripped... Hope this helps some... Robert