Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have 2000 holiday rambler vacationer. I loose water pressure,

Customer Question

i have 2000 holiday rambler vacationer. I loose water pressure, but if i open the faucets and flush the toilet and then release the toilet, the faucets have good pressure again????
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Is this happening on city water or from the tank using the water pump? OR both?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
city water. once i regain pressure and then turn off water the pressure goes down again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have great water pressure at the source. i have not used water pump in some time.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Few things here..... IF you have an outdoor sprayer make sure the valves are shut off, I have seen them do some strange things when they are left open.
Next if you have a water filter I would replace it.
I would also verify your water heater bypass valves if you have not done so, normally they are on the back side of the tank. Many will have three valves, a hot,cold and bypass. The hot and cold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closed, valve handle against the pipe.
IF you have good water flow using the tank then I would replace the city water connector, many have the regulator built inside with a check valve, it could be at fault.
Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a outside sprayer, I do have a sprayer at the toilet. The by pass is open. I do not have a filter.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Let me take a look in your manual real quick to see if anything stands out, I have a feeling the city water connector is at fault, this can be confirmed if you get pressure using the tank and pump. Let me check and see if there are any hidden valves...
Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
The only thing I saw in your owners manual is that it did come with a water filter, it does not give location but has a picture, I would look under the sink or in the outside plumbing bay. Of course it could have been removed....Below is a link for the manual 4-6 shows the filter. This is a PDF file and will take a min to load up...
http://holidayrambler.com/partsandservice/manuals/2000_Vacationer.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No filter it must have been removed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
I would try a new city water regulator on this, not sure what else it could be.
IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate your assistance. I think the water filter was actually optional from what i read in my manual. Real strange.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
No problem... I had one Monaco one time with a similar issue and it drove me crazy all day in the shop and it was the filter.
It sounds to me that the regulator is not working correctly or the check valve inside is failing.....
IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit...
Robert