Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Where is the converter located on a 3480 pinnacle motor ho

Customer Question

where is the converter located on a 3480 pinnacle motor home
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Most will be integral with the power center or some can be a stand alone unit close by. Look at your load center and see if you can tell the make. Most would be either made by Magnetek or WIFCO. Please include what your symptoms are and if you have a small digital multimeter so we can run some simple tests. Those are about $15 at Sears or Radio Shack or a parts store and very handy for this sort of testing. Pease get back to me and we can go from there. Thanks! R.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you did not answer my question I want to know where the converter is located. tell me where to find it.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, we can't recall every make and model from well over 1000 different ones. We find them by checking out what make of load center they have and that will tell us where to look. Many are integral with the load center and once the cover is removed, it is right there. Many others are right behind them or to the side. Please let me know if you would rather me opt out of this and work with another tech on this. R.J.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I should have mentioned that if this model has an inverter as part of the equipment, then the converter/charger is part of that. Your owner's manuals would tell you this. Most of the inverter/chargers are found near the house batteries due to wanting to keep the cables as short of possible. Hope this proves helpful here...........please get back to me if you would like to continue. R.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The converter is bad we cannot find it to replace it. Your answers have not helped find it Can you tell me where to find it?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I don't think any of us here can assist you on this. I would call a mobile tech in your area to come and test it and replace if needed. Sorry I wasn't able to be of more help.