gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

1995 Jayco 5th wheel trailer, model 3310 RLR ~ can't locate

Customer Question

1995 Jayco 5th wheel trailer, model 3310 RLR ~ can't locate the electric motor for front slide out. I want to mechanically retract it, how do I do it?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question. Some of work at regular jobs and don't come on site every day. Are your slides all electric or hydraulic and do you know who made your system? And when you say "front" do you mean the bedroom? Please get back to me if you need more assistance on this. R.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we mean the bedroom slide. Suspect it's an electric motor. It's a 1995 Jayco, we don't know who made the system.
We used a crank to bring in the rear slide ~ we used a crank to operate the front jacks to raise and lower the trailer.
Yes, we'd like more information on how to get the bedroom slide to operate mechanically.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Do I understand that none of the other slides work either? I suspect that these are either Power Gear or Lippert units and some bedroom slides can be accessed from under the bed. I would find out what is going on with the power and get that fixed ASAP. See if you can access the motor from under the bed. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no power available to this Jayco. The rear slide cranked in easily using a hand crank. The front jacks operated properly with a hand crank. We can't locate any motor or a crank for the bedroom slide, either under the bed itself, or under the floor. We cut several large holes in the bedroom floor and couldn't see where there might be a motor.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Since I can't tell you much without knowing what you have I would do this. Give Jayco Customer Service a call and give them the last 8 of your VIN number and they can tell you which system they used on this. They can also give you some input about getting to the motor. Please get back to me if you need more once you get this info from them.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I will be out all day at my regular job, but can check back in at lunch.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Jayco Customer Service can be reached at(###) ###-####and they are in Indiana. Let me know if I can assist you once you have the system number. R.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We went over to the 5th wheel, got the VIN # ***** called the customer service dept. with the necessary information. They said they were busy and would call back and we have not heard from them since. That was before noon today. We are very unsatisfied with the customer service thus far. This is our fourth attempt trying to get some one on the phone to take care of our situation only to be led through the automated tree and today not receiving a call back after talking with three different people.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
That isn't like Jayco. Get back to me with your VIN number and let me give them a call. I will be out for a few hours on a service call this morning, so it may be about noon Pacific time before I get back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you RJ, here is the whole VIN ~ UJCJ02R1T1KR008
Model 3310 RL ~ Designer ~ on the same tag below the VIN is 96FWWe'll hear back from you today some time, appreciate it a lot.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
The VIN number has to have 17 letters and numbers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were asked to provide the last 8 digits/letters of the VIN ~ and we know for sure it'sT1KR0088 ~see if that works for you on identifying the problem, thanks much.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Got it......but, I won't be able to get to them until first thing Monday. I will opt out of this so another tech can offer something for you until then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We've figured it out, it took some doing though.