Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I plugged my 1996safari Sahara into 220 volts by accident

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
220 can be very damaging to all the appliances and wiring in the RV..... Do you have power at the outlets now?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power anywhere
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
So what needs to happen is the incoming AC power needs to be checked at the transfer switch, the transfer switch detects the incoming power source and switches back and forth between shore and generator power, it could of gotten damaged, from there the AC power will go to the breaker panel and inverter if you have one. So if you have AC voltage in and out of the transfer switch verify power at the breaker panel.
Go around and make sure you do not have any GFI'S that are tripped, they are normally in the bathroom or galley but can be anywhere else including the outside. IF you have an inverter make sure no breakers are tripped on it.
220 can also cause failures with the inverter/converter, microwave, TV'S and other appliances.
Might want to have a shop inspect all the AC wiring if you are not comfortable working with AC power..... Robert
IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert