Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Dometic power awning. We extended the awning with

Customer Question

I have a Dometic power awning. We extended the awning with no problem. When I went to retract it, the motor makes nothing but a hard click. I tried to roll it manually with the strap, but when I release the motor screws it does not want to retract on its own.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like you might have a bad motor, I would try to jump power direct both ways at the motor leads and see if the room runs in, I suspect it will not retract if it is making that hard click sound. What you might want to try is go to the other side and look on the end of the roller tube at the end cap for a small hole, under that is the torsion spring and it will have a hole place a cotter pin through the hole, remove the motor on the other side and then remove the pin and see if the awning will go back in. Really important to have someone in the center holding the tube when you pull the motor and pin...... Hope this helps some....
Robert