Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Good morning my RV refrigerator is running. Freezer is at

Customer Question

Good morning my RV refrigerator is running. Freezer is at 20 Deg but the ice box is at 56deg. Model NDR 1062. Same on gas or AC.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
This could be a thermistor or cooling unit issue. The freezer will always get cold way before the box will so it is possible to have a cooling unit issue, the other thing it can be is the thermistor. IF you have a volt meter you can test the thermistor. Below is a service manual for you that will show you how to test. The circuit board will be located under the outside access and the thermistor will be a two wire connector going into P-2. IF you do not have a volt meter you can also unplug the thermistor and it should default to full cooling after it runs for a few hours...
A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked. For a rupture you might smell ammonia, hear a gurgle when you turn it on or see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge, for a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on all sources...Below is a service manual copy and paste that into your browser, it should help out. IF you have anymore questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please select a rating... Robert
Link...
http://www.nancyemmert.com/region6/Resources/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf