Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My step is out and will not retract, WHAT DO I CHECK?

Customer Question

my step is out and will not retract, WHAT DO I CHECK?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi mt name is Robert...
What you can try and do is turn the ignition on and see if the step comes in, most all steps have a safety that will run them in when the ignition is turned ON.
IF that does not work I would check all your fuses in both the house and chassis fuse box.
IF you can not find a fuse and need to get the steps in to travel what you can do is go to the motor under the steps, dis-connect the wires and then jump DC power with battery, the steps should want to run in or out, if they do not move swap the jumper wires.
IF the step does not move bad motor, if the step moves I would next check the harness for the control box and see if power is going to it. If power is going to the control box it could be bad... Hope this helps... Robert