Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have a 2002 26 ft Komfort travel trailor. The slide out

Customer Question

We have a 2002 26 ft Komfort travel trailor. The slide out will not exstend. When in.. is pushed it clicks. When trying to exstend it unit does nothing. Have bypassed the switch and still nothing. Are there solonoids on the slideout motor? Any possible solutions will be appreciated.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hoping to get a answer soon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still waiting...it's been over 24 hrs
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question. Some of have regular jobs and don't come on site all the time. The first thing to check is the state of charge and condition of your batteries. Most slide out issues are related to the batteries. Load testing is the only real way to tell and not just surface voltage. If the cells are dry from lack of water they may be ruined. If you know for sure that this isn't the issue, then get back to me with the make of your slide out hardware (if you know) or at least if they are all electric or hydraulic operated units. Power Gear slide outs use a module and Lippert slides don't. Once I know whose system you have, I can assist you further. Thank you for your patience. R.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you or getting back. It is a single rail unit. Electric motor that has a worm gear. The battery was checked first thing it is ok. It is a unit of (apw Engineered Solutions.) Even to check it out..a normal person cannot hardly fit under it. .. "side comment! When trying to get under the trailor..it would take someone really small even to fit...do you know if there is a hole that a exstention is used to loosen it on this unit?.anywhere..my son in law was able to barely get to it..or is this the only access to get underneith? As researching this out some have a easier way to get to it. The book doesn't say... apparently this is the only way. Thanks Donna
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Are you plugged into shore power when you try this? And that is always best. IF you have a small digital multimeter like you can find at most automotive or hardware stores for about $15 you can test the charging voltage at the battery. Most good converters put out about 13.7 VDC or close. Most trailers that have one or more slides work much better with two batteries, but most dealers are too cheap to install that extra one.
Slide motors take a lot of "juice" to operate. IF you can get to the motor you can hook up some jumper cables directly to the motor and get the room to move if the motor is good. Power Gear motors have a "brake" on them which you can release and then manually push the room in or out.
Does your manual say if this has a manual release or a port to crank it in or out? And some motors you can turn with a drill. So this may be a bad switch, or bad module (Power Gear) or bad connection IF the battery has good voltage and reserve power. Get back to me with the charging voltage if you can. Thanks! R.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thanks for your help. We have to stop working on this issue right at this moment. We are in the middle of the Lake County fire so have to put the trailor on hold till the smoke gets alittle better we're having to stay inside closing windows not letting outside air in, we can't go out side for the smoke and ash ..That close. Please keep our info to continue working on this hopefulyl in a day or so for my husband to try to set up a way to raise the trailor to get under it... Thanks Donna
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem.......stay safe!