peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

On the road and tried starting onan4k genny on my 2014 rv.

Customer Question

On the road and tried starting onan4k genny on my 2014 rv. It starts but when it settles and the power starts to flow I hear a clicking or banging coming from under bed where the converter and surge protector is located and then shuts down only can get first stage error code blinks 3 times when I try one press it doesn't blink to give me second stage codes
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I apologize as my info is limited on this model here.
From what you have described this sounds like an electrical fault with a control relay or solenoid causing this issue here.This will need to be checked into to locate which is the cause here and from there then repaired to correct this issue.This may be something covered under warranty in some cases.
Thanks Pete