peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I can't seem to drop completely the cover on my Viking 1996

Customer Question

I can't seem to drop completely the cover on my Viking 1996 Pop-up Camper. It cranks up okay. But to break it down, it doesn't go down sufficiently to clamp it for travel. I've even removed one of the mattresses. The torpedo lifts go down, but not entirely. What do you think is my problem?
Luis
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here.
This sounds like one of the tracks or guides is bent or damaged or that there is debris in one of the tracks or guides.This will need inspected further to pinpoint then repair the cause from there.
Thanks Pete