Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Our stop engine light came on while driving. We found that

Customer Question

Our stop engine light came on while driving. We found that the coolant was low, so added some but the light is still on. We have a Travel Supreme 2005 cummins 500. We just had the engine gone over a couple hundred miles ago. All gauges look good and motor looks and sounds good. Mobile unit came out and said he couldn't see anything wrong. Is it safe to drive. No where close to have work done that we know of.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Sorry for the delay....
What you can try to do is dis-connect the chassis battery cables for a few mins and see if that light will reset. It is almost impossible to say why the light has gone off, it can go off for many different reasons. IF it is a STOP engine light and not a check engine light I would be wary of driving the unit, the stop engine means a serious fault is occurring. IF you can I might replace the fuel filters, sometimes they can cause issue if they are plugged. Beyond that I would get this to a shop that has the Cummins insite software. What will happen is the engine will de-rate and you will loose power if the fault is serious enough. I might try to drive it but keep a very close eye on everything.
Robert