peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a1992 Coachmen with kwikee series 35 steps. I applied

Customer Question

I have a1992 Coachmen with kwikee series 35 steps. I applied power to the motor leads while the motor was still connected to the control unit (part#9513 orange box) and as the instructions warned there was a flash and the control unit no longer works. I checked all fuses,connections,switches and have a new motor so I removed the control unit and opened it. The only visable damage was a part (DALE LVR-3 .01ohm 3% 19042) which would be very easy to install. My questions,wher can I get the part or get the unit repaired or get a replacement or wire the steps to work when the door is opened and closed?
jerry
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I apologize as my info is limited on this model here.
You will most likely need to contact an automotive or other electrical repair center to see if they can obtain the part needed or order in a replacement for you.If this is not an option for you let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete I gave up on getting a answer. I solved my problem with a very expensive replacement!!
Thanks anyway jerry
O.k.,if there is anything else we can help with in the future let us know.
Thanks Pete