Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2006 FourWinds Class C motorhome that I cannot get

Customer Question

I have a 2006 FourWinds Class C motorhome that I cannot get 110 V power to the interior when the the power cord is plugged into my 30 A exterior service plug.I have power to the main breaker and coming across the breakers for everything that needs 110 V,yet there is no power seeming to get to the various appliances and receptacles they serve.
When I run my generator and plug the power cord into the generator receptacle,everything gets 110 V and works fine.I am stumped !!!
Can you help me??
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything was working fine this morning and then I noticed the roof A/C had shut down and upon seeing about that I noticed that I had no 110 V power to any of my appliances---Microwave,Refrigerator,Wall Receptacles,TV,etc.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
This makes no sense... IF everything works using the generator then all the wiring from the breaker panel out to the appliances should be working. That tells me maybe you have a connection issue where the cord comes into the breaker panel or a bad cord. You could still get voltage but if there was a polarity issue or open wire the AC power may not work. So I would get a polarity checker and plug it into the outlets, it will tell you if there is a wiring problem. Most places like home depot have them for a few dollars....
Robert