Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2015 Georgetown LX 377Ts. The awning light overhead

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Georgetown LX 377Ts. The awning light overhead outside blows the fuse the moment you turn it on. Is there a quick easy way to fix the short? Where do I look? Is there a video for this?
Also, is there a propane Hookup for your BBQ to the RV on this model? I don't know where to look for it... I don't see it near the propane compartment (which is on the wrong side for a BBQ anyway).
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
On the short it may not be an easy fix, there are really no videos on how to repair that. I would be checking the connectors at the light, if it looks to complex to remove the light I would let the dealer look at it. Normally what you can do is ohm out each wire from the switch to the light to see which one is bad. If the wire is bad then a new wire will have to be run which can be difficult, so I might inspect the wiring at the light, look for any loose connections. You can also disconnect the wires at the light, make sure they are not touching anything and turn the switch on, if it does not blow bad light fixture. My feelings are being a 2015 you should not have to deal with it as it should be under warranty,
Normally they would use a pigtail on the regulator with a line on it, sometimes will be near the tank or they can run that line to another compartment, I could not find anything in writing on that, I would get a hold of the dealer and they can tell you if it has bee installed or they should be able to add an extend a stay for that hook up...
Hope this helps some... Robert