Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  23 years Caterpillar Engine experience
30708357

Why does my 2008 Damon Tuscany Diesel Pusher tend to run hot

Customer Question

Why does my 2008 Damon Tuscany Diesel Pusher tend to run hot much of the time and cools down to normal when I drive about 50 mph?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By running hot I mean half way between normal and red or all the way over on the gauge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I verified that the fans are running that are suppose to keep it cool. It is a 360 HP Cummins diesel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With rear exhaust.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I usually drive about 65-70 and tow a 2011 Acadia. I have to slow down to 55-50 to keep it from running too hot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question! I will try and help you out.
I would suspect the radiator is partially clogged on the inside. I see this a lot. Unfortunately flushing the system most often times does not unclog the radiator. I am sorry. I wish it did.
To repair the radiator would need to be removed and sent to a radiator shop to be cleaned or recored.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist.
If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks!