peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 1999 allegro diesel pusher. The dash ac was nice and

Customer Question

I have a 1999 allegro diesel pusher. The dash ac was nice and cold and blowing on high when we heard a pop noise in dash. Then the fan would only blow on medium and air was warm. We found 2 fuses blown and replaced them...then it worked great for about 5 mins then blew again. There is a large 18" fan mid way under chassis that a road side person said was seezed up but the fan would spin when I tried to move it. He unplugged it saying it was the reason our fuses blew but they have blown 2 more times with fan unplugged. Any suggestions on what else I can do to get the ac to work and what exactly is that 18" fan for?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I apologize as my info is limited on your model here.
The large fan may be the ac condenser cooling fan.If it was unplugged and this issue still occurs this can indicate the fault is in the wiring in the dash possibly or another component shorting out the fuses.With fan speeds being limited now this sounds more like a dash wiring fault or ac control head fault on the dash needing replaced.
Thanks Pete