Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Just got a 1990 Winnebego; roof a/c and microwave worked fine

Customer Question

Just got a 1990 Winnebego; roof a/c and microwave worked fine -- suddenly won't turn on. Checked the breakers and fuse box I know of; no apparent issue?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Are you using any adapters or extension cords on the main cord you plug in with? IF you have a generator and run it do you get the power back?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power with generator on.We originally had it plugged in here at the house while cleaning it; that is when they stopped working - also popped the house breakers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not mechanically inclined at all -- I looked at the fuses no apparent blown - but then again, maybe I am missing it? Or is there another fuse box I am not aware of? The box I am looking at is near the floor; to the left of the refrigerator. I reset the breakers several times; no luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the other power (lights in the cabin, etc.) still works
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Go around and make sure you do not have a tripped GFI, these are like what you would find in a house, some outlets will have a test and reset on them, normally they are in the bathroom or galley but can be anywhere including the outside. Next I would see if power is make it to the breaker panel, look for any loose or melted wires in the breaker panel. Below is a print for you copy and paste that into your browser you can see how everything is wired.
Link,,, copy and paste into browser...
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/1990/096258.pdf