Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

WE HAVEA 2003 AMERICAN DREAM MOTORHOME WE HAD ITIN THE SHOP

Customer Question

WE HAVEA 2003 AMERICAN DREAM MOTORHOME WE HAD ITIN THE SHOP FOR NEW FLOOR DUE TO FLOODING AND WE PICKED IT UP AND IT WILL NOT START THEY CHARGED THE BATTERIES AND IT MADE IT TO OUR PLACE WITH THE ALARMS GOING ALL THE WAY....THEY SAID THE ALARMS WILL GO ON IF THE BATTERIES ARE LOW (WHICH NEVER HAPPENED TO US BEFORE AND WE BOUGHT IT NEW) NOW WE ARE UNABLE TO JUMP THE Batteries????
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
That is possible to have the alarms go off if the voltage is low. What I would do to start on this is have the battery load tested, this is the best test that can be done and most auto parts stores will check them for free. I have seen batteries so discharged that it might not matter how much you charge them. Make sure all the battery cable connections are also clean and tight, a loose or corroded cable could also cause this.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert