peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2002 Vw Eurovan winnibago camper. the 110v system

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Vw Eurovan winnibago camper. the 110v system was working fine until i ran on a rough road. Now it does not work and the GFCI light wouldn't come on. replaced the GFI and now have a light, but still no 110v at the outlets. Power seems to not be going thru GFI. I have 110V at the connection to the gfi, but nothing after the gfi. 110v breaker seems fine. Could the converter be damaged? Seems like a wire must have been knocked loose, but I have continuity, on all three wires, from the 110v inlet to GFI.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I apologize as my info is limited on your model here.
This sounds like there is a loose or damaged wire to the converter/inverter or to the gfi.Usually on rough roads this can sometimes cause a loose or damaged wire to break free.I would have this checked into further to see if either of these are the cause here.The wiring may need traced to locate the source of the fault then repaired from there.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** found the problem, I had installed the new GFI backwards! Reversed it, everything good. Learn something every day!Dave
That is great to hear the fault has been located.If you need anything else let me know and feel free to rate my help above if you like.
Thanks Pete