Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2004 Fleetwood bounder. I am installing a winegard

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Fleetwood bounder. I am installing a winegard travler ant on the roof, centerline, in the front. are there any roof beams to attach to or is the 1/8 wood the only support?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert.....
I would put it where you want and then secure it down, put a bead of dicor under the base and then use stainless screws, most of the screws will not hit any support but the 1/8" wood along with the sealant will be sufficient enough to hold that down. Seal under the base, normally you get a pencil and draw an outline of the base, lay the Dicor down and secure it. When you are done use the dicor on top on the screws and where the edges meet the roof, it will not go anywhere, I have installed many of these and never had an issue.... Hope this helps some.... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit...
Robert