Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am Jeremy and my motorhome main panel did not trip nor

Customer Question

Hi I am Jeremy and my motorhome main panel did not trip nor did the 50 amp for your trip and I cannot get any power to reset any ideas
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My lights and other misc elect won't turn on but the microwave works?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Are you plugged into power? IF you are plugged into power are the outlets also working with the microwave?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we are plugged in and out let's work microwave and TV work but no lights no AC
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Near the entry step do you have a battery disconnect switch? IF so and you hit that switch do you hear a faint click?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I switch that switch multiple times and do not hear anything.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
When you hit that switch it should trigger a solenoid and allow power inside the RV, so you are going to have to locate the solenoid, if you do not hear it clicking go to the house battery and follow the cables to the solenoid. On the solenoid will be two larger posts, check for power on the large posts, if you have power on one side and not the other get an insulated wire and jump the posts to see if power comes on, if so bad solenoid. Sometimes the relay inside the solenoid can stick, when they do you will get no DC power inside.
IF you have no voltage on each side of the solenoid then I would go to the inverter, follow the cables and look for a fuse mounted on the frame that is tripped. The inverter should be charging the battery.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me try this thank you
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
sounds good.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help me locate the fuse
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Did you find the disconnect solenoid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's the solenoid in the battery compartment correct? I tried jumping across that with wire still nothing I have power to the inverter and out. But no power to the fuse panel next to house main panel
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
The inverter will take the AC power, make the DC power when you are unplugged it should also charge the battery. DO you have a volt meter? Can you tell me what the battery voltage is at the house batteries, yes the solenoid very well could be near the batteries, you may have more then one solenoid.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
13.2 coming off the batteries I have power to the main panel and out of it but not to the fuse panel next to it which powers the radio the water pump and other miscellaneous items
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
IS that the outside fuse box you are looking at or the one in the bedroom?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In bedroom
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
There is a circuit breaker in the front outside fuse box, should have a plastic cover, under that cover you will see many fuses, at the bottom is a Circuit breaker that supplies that bedroom box... Looks like a 50 amp breaker, some will have a tab that pops out on them and others have a small arm that swings up. I looked early and caught that but was not sure if it was the bedroom panel that was not working.... Hope this helps.... Robert