Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I Have a 2010 326MKS Cougar RV. My lights will dim and go just

Customer Question

I Have a 2010 326MKS Cougar RV. My lights will dim and go just about off the refrigerator will go off and the smoke alarm will come on then in about 10 or 15 seconds everything will come back on just as bright as they ever were. I have a 8930-50 power center, and I am thinking a bad converter. Where is the converter located on my RV is it built in power center or is it a separate component located somewhere on RV is where located ?????
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** and see if this looks like your set up, if so the converter is part of the main breaker panel and it will tell you how to troubleshoot. I would also go to the battery and look for a auto breaker, below is a picture, some are thermal and when they heat up break contact and the lights would go dim and then when it cools off it would reset and the lights would go bright, sometimes they will stick one on the cable from the converter to the battery. Normally they are 18" from the battery and could be on the frame. The voltage on each post should be the same to chassis ground.... IF what I sent does not look like your panel please let me know.... Robert