Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

And thank you available. I have a forest grand surveyor a

Customer Question

Hi and thank you for being available. I have a forest grand surveyor and have a problem with the converter I think. The lights and refrigerator do not work and the battery has a charger on itThis was working ok until last night. What can I check to id the problem and fix.
Cheers,
Richard.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** it sounds like a converter or breaker issue. When you are plugged in the converter will take the AC voltage make the DC voltage and charge the battery. Sometimes on the cable from the converter to the battery they will use an auto breaker, below is a picture, click on the link. As a general rule if you had one it would be 18" from the battery and be on the frame, the voltage on each post to chassis ground should be the same and most have a tab that pops out when they trip.The other issue is the converter. The converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel or stand alone and plug into an outlet. The stand alone style will have two fuses on it. Location will vary it could be near the breaker panel, under the stove, behind the breaker panel or even near the battery. IF you happen to know the make and model of the converter I might be able to help you more..... Robert