gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Trying to replace the ball valve seal on a dometic 310 and

Customer Question

trying to replace the ball valve seal on a dometic 310 and it's not going well.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, what is the difficulty you are having?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The old seal came out easily, I was cleaning trying to stop the water drain from bowl. Now I have a new seal and don't know how it goes in. The instructions are poor, except for removing the old seal. I tried wedging it in, but there is no movement to get a smooth tight seal. I'm sure fix is easy, but beyond me!
thanks, ***** ***** it should be fairly straight forward, make sure the area is clean of the old seal, and apply some vasoline to the area , as we speak I am researching other issues with the seal installation. Michael
this particular toilet has had many issues, and has a 2 year warranty, what was the date of purchace?
another thing you might try, take the seal and soak it in hot water so it becomes more playable, and it should 'click' in the neck of the toilet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 years now. I would rather not spend 200 at the moment on a new toilet, Though I could have had it installed by now had I done that. I just can't figure out the seal and how it fits. I guess I'll call Dometic.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I don't have any petroleum jelly. Only WD40 and I know that is not good for rubber.
I feel your pain, hope you are able to resolve your issue............Michael