Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

2010 dometic freezer is cold fridge is hot. Fifth wheel was

Customer Question

2010 dometic freezer is cold fridge is hot. Fifth wheel was one bubble off level so I leveled it yesterday and shut fridge off. Turned fridge back on today no change after 8 hours. Freezer frozen, fridge room temp
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this can be caused by a control issue or a cooling unit issue, lets do a test to see if its a control . Go to the back of the refrigerator, and you will see a plastic box where all of the wires go. take the lid off. now look to the upper left corner, you will see a 4 pin connector and below it a two pin, unplug the two pin plug... What this does is allow the refrigerator to run without a thermostat. and will tell us the capacity of the cooling unit, then we can make a diagnosis, let it run overnight, and with a thermometer ck temp in the box in the morning and let me know, is this ok with you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. Thanks. I will let you know in the morning
thanks, ***** ***** info request unanswered until your ready, thanks......Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unplugged 2 wire plug and turned unit back on at 8:45 pm. Checked unit this morning with infared thermometer. Freezer was at at 0 degrees. Fins in fridge were between 54 and 63 degrees with condensation forming on the top 1" of the fin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
temp check was performed at 6:30 so unit had been running for about 10 hours
thanks, ***** ***** tells us that the cooling unit is beginning to block
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any way to break the blockage loose?. Just check again and it is getting cooler. Putting thermometers in both fridge and freezer now
there is a procedure called tumbling this has the refrigerator come out of the cabinet, and lay it on its side, and beat briskly on the coils, then rest turn to top, same, other side, same back to bottom, ect do this a few times, then set back in the cabinet and see if it gets colder,
Good morning, have not heard from you for a bit, wondering how your making out. Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the Fifth Wheel out and the next morning it was 40 degrees. It is very hot here, today it is 99 degrees. Fridge is running 50 degrees now. What are your thoughts?
Hi, thanks for getting back to me, its working, yet failing, as its working somewhat, you may want to put a fan in the rear to help get rid of some of the heat.........Michael , and without pulling the refer, put a long bar behind it and beat on the coils........