Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 92 fleetwood bounder that will not start with main

Customer Question

I have a 92 fleetwood bounder that will not start with main battery must use button for auxilary start. whats wrong?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** boost switch should tie the batteries together in the event the chassis battery voltage is low. So to start I would have the battery load tested to make sure it is good. Take a close look at all your cables, make sure they are clean and tight and that the main ground to the frame is clean. After that I would follow the starting battery cable to the outside fuse box, check for a tripped breaker on the cables going to the box and inside the box, some of these older bounders had a battery control box located under the front access up high on the drivers side, if you see that I would get a test light, turn the ignition On and probe each fuse and breaker and see if you are missing power. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert