Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Have dometic rm 2862 will cool on elt but not on gas changed main gre

Customer Question

have dometic rm 2862 will cool on elt but not on gas
changed main green box an it clicks now , but wont fire on gas
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** is going to be a process of elimination for you. To start I would make sure the burner tube is clean, blow it out with air, next make sure the electrode is about 1/8" over the burner tube. IF it is clicking some items can be ruled out. I would also listen for the gas valve, it should click about the same time the electrode starts sparking. Make sure the electrode ceramic is also not cracked. To help you out on this click HERE for a service manual, it should help you out, follow the troubleshooting on page 4 for No gas operation. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert