Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Have a leak between our E450 chassis roof and 2012 Coachman

Customer Question

Have a leak between our E450 chassis roof and 2012 Coachman bunk
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** would be checking the all the sealant on the roof, look at the area where it rounds over the cab on each side, water can travel pretty far and if it gets to that rounded section and you have any cracks or voids in the sealant it will funnel in. I also might pull some screws in this area and see if they are rusty, it would be a red flag. If this is something you want to try and tackle I would dry the area out really good, get a helper and start spraying down small areas until the leak shows up inside. This is what we would do in the shop, it can be time consuming. I might also consider having a RV shop take a look the labor will be determined if there is any damage to the area, rot etc...... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The leak comes in around the windshield. A glass shop pressurized the cab/coach, the leak is in the"seal" between the cab roof and the coach.
Is replacing that "seal" something that could be done by someone with intermediate DIY skills coul tackle?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Can you send me a few pictures of the windshield, you might be able to apply some sealant but want to take a look at the type of seal you have..... You should be able to add a photo into your reply... Robert