Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My fridge doesn't run on elec when its plugged in and set on

Customer Question

my fridge doesn't run on elec when its plugged in and set on auto. there' power to the outlet where fridge is plugged in. the elec light indicator on switch board doesn't light up.
any ideas? Mark
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** is the make and model of the fridge? Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dometic not sure model no#
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK Without the model number I can only provide you with some basic troubleshooting. To start I would check the fuses on the circuit board, unplug the fridge from the outlet as one fuses on the board should be for AC power, you do not want to touch that fuse if it is plugged in. The circuit board will be under the outside access panel and have a cover on it. IF the fuse is good then it could be an AC heating element issue, fault circuit board or the control panel is bad. IF you want to check the fuse out and then get back to me with the model number I should be able to send you a service manual for troubleshooting.... Robert