Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Dometic rv refrigerator runs on gas when in gas mode, will

Customer Question

dometic rv refrigerator runs on gas when in gas mode, will not run in ac mode the check light will come on (the ac light will not light)
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** like this could be the circuit board, heating element or upper controls. You can test the heating element and do some voltage checks at the circuit board. Also on the circuit board for the fridge which is located under the outside access panel will have some fuses on it, one is for AC power.So verify the plug the fridge is plugged into has voltage, check the fuse on the board... IF they are good I would ohm out the AC heating element if that is good I would do the voltage checks at the board, click HERE for a service manual on this. page 13 will show you how to check the element and page 18 will have some checks on the board. IF all looks good I would find a RV shop that has a PAL tester and they can determine if the lower circuit board or upper controls are at fault.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...... Robert