Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2003 RoadTrek 190 Popular. I have had to replace the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 RoadTrek 190 Popular. I have had to replace the BD relay twice, most recently about 5000 miles ago. I thought that these relays should last for years. The present model is labeled "01-0005-00 07713 FS BD Relay" and is probably made by Intellitec. It replaced a similar model whose numbers I don’t have anymore. My immediate problem is that I have no power on the house circuit when I push the battery disconnect switch (BDS). The BD relay clicks normally; there is full voltage (12.6v) on the house battery side of the relay, but the relay refuses to latch into the “on” position. I assume that this means the BD relay is dead, even though it is only a few months old. Is there any way to adjust or repair the relay?
Other symptoms: I can’t activate the house circuit with the BDS when the engine is running, but I can activate the house circuit when the generator is running.
I live in Alaska and ordering a new BD relay is at least $100 plus shipping time.
What do you advise?
Thanks kindly. Ed Berg
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** smacking that a few times sometimes the contacts inside can stick and not allow it to operate, that always does not work and it would need to be replaced. What you can do is jump the large posts on the solenoid and you should get power to come on so you can at least use the unit..... I am not aware of any way on how to adjust them or repair....Robert